Best. Summer. Ever. • 7 Things to Do This June in RiverSouth
Say hello to a summer of Big Fun in RiverSouth! Whether you’re planning a visit to Canterbury Park, Mystic Lake or Valleyfair—or all three—we’ve rounded up seven of our top picks for June.
- There’s something fun going on every single day in June at Mystic Lake during Hot Summer Fun. It’s over 100 days of awesome, with prize drawings, giveaways, outdoor festivals and more every day through Labor Day. Get a free All-American Buffet for your casino play on Mondays, and guaranteed free slot play every Tuesday! And keep an eye on Mystic Lake’s Facebook page for exclusive social media giveaways! Visit mysticlake.com for all the details.
- Have fun in the sun for a great cause on June 14 at Coasting For Kids. Valleyfair hosts Coasting for Kids in conjunction with Give Kids the World (GKTW), a Central Florida non-profit resort that provides cost-free, weeklong vacations to children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.
- On Father’s Day, give dad what he really wants—a trip to the track! The first 8,000 race fans at Canterbury Park on June 21 receive a free bottle of BBQ sauce. Admission includes activities for the whole family, including free face painting, pony rides and a petting zoo. And after the races, the kids can run on the track!
- Stay cool this summer with the hottest acts around in the Mystic Showroom at Mystic Lake. With wide seats, perfect sightlines and state-of-the-art sound, the stars have never been brighter. Catch Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Melissa Etheridge in a special solo performance on June 25.
- Wine lovers won’t want to miss Canterbury Uncorked – A Wine Event presented by Continental Diamond on Friday, June 26. Enjoy an evening of great wine and great racing from 6 to 9 pm. This upscale event includes live racing admission and programs, a great selection of appetizers and bottomless glasses of a variety of wines. Advance tickets start at $55. This event usually sells out, so get your tickets now.
- Have fun and support a great cause Sunday, June 28 at Canterbury Park’s Leg Up Day—a race day dedicated to raising money for injured Canterbury Park jockeys. It’s a wonderful opportunity for kids of all ages to interact with the jockeys through autographs, pictures and a dunk tank. Plus, it’s Sunday afternoon at the races with all kinds of family activities including free pony rides, face painting, a petting zoo and the popular “kids race the track” event following the final race of the day.
- Slap on the sunscreen and hit the water! Soak City Waterpark at Valleyfair has undergone a dramatic expansion with the addition of six new waterslides and a new family-friendly interactive splash pad. Breakers Pipeline features four tube slides where riders stand on a platform 65 feet up. The platform falls out from underneath, sending you through a thrilling series of drops, twists and turns. Breakers Plunge has two speed slides that drop 90 feet—virtually straight down! The slide complex is a perfect addition to the popular 34,000-square-foot wave pool at Breakers Bay. Barefoot Beach is an interactive splash pad spanning nearly an acre. Kids will love the water play elements including small slides, aim-and-spray water shooters, and multiple jets of streaming water spraying up from the ground and cascading down from overhead.
Whether you’re planning a family vacation or a one-day staycation, there’s fun for everyone in RiverSouth. Visit our event calendar for a full list of activities here in the Land of Big Fun.