Top 7 Things to Do in September
The Fun Continues This Fall in RiverSouth
We’ve said goodbye to summer, but there’s still plenty of outdoor fun to be found in RiverSouth! Take a peek at our top seven September picks for your next visit to the Land of Big Fun.
- Experience the final weekend of Valleyfair before ValleySCARE creeps in! For a great time and great deals, hit up Dollar Days. On Saturday, September 12 and Sunday, September 13, enjoy $1 deals on select treats like tacos, pizza, fries and more, plus dollar game deals and special $1 items at select stores!
- Love dogs? Love Christmas? Then don’t miss the Canines and Christmas weekend September 12 and 13 at the Renaissance Festival! It’s doggone fun with a variety of pet-focused events including the 4th Annual Wiener Dog Race, a pet costume contest, and even a peanut butter licking contest! Get into the Christmas spirit early by taking a stroll through Christmas and holiday-themed vendors and be on the lookout for a special appearance by Santa!
- Come spend the night under the stars…and Wild Thing! September 12 is your chance to camp out inside Valleyfair. Enjoy extra ride times, a campfire, a ValleySCARE preview, and breakfast the next morning. All of the funds from the Coaster Campout will benefit the Boys and Girls Clubs of Minnesota. Tickets must be purchased online before September 11.
- Top o’ the morning (or afternoon, or evening) to you! Take a whirlwind trip to Ireland during the Shamrocks and Shenanigans weekend September 19 and 20 at the Renaissance Festival. Stroll through their Irish Village complete with a variety of Irish vendors selling wares like Celtic kilts, lucky pennies and much more.
- Festival Palomino rides into Shakopee for its second year Saturday, September 19 after drawing more than 9,000 music lovers its first year. Headliners and local favorites Trampled By Turtles put together this star-studded lineup featuring Father John Misty, Dr. Dog, Benjamin Booker, Shakey Graves and more. Stroll the Canterbury Park infield grass and enjoy two stages, food trucks, a craft beer garden, artist village and more.
- Wine and chocolate have long been staples of romance. Wine, Chocolate & Romance brings all three together September 26 and 27 at the Renaissance Festival! Featuring local chocolatiers and wineries, it’s a weekend of decadent delights. Special events include free vow renewals, a cupcake battle, chocolate pie eating contest, a grape stomp and free wine tastings provided by Sutter Home!
- The judges have spoken, and now there’s just one Last Comic Standing. Clayton English was just crowned this season’s winner on the hit TV show. Comedy lovers don’t need to wait until next summer for its return—check out the Last Comic Standing Live Tour at Mystic Lake on September 26! The live tour features fan favorites Michael Palascak, Ian Baag, Dominique, Andy Erickson and the newest champ Clayton English.
There’s more planned for September than we could squeeze into just seven picks. Check out our calendar listings for even more fall fun in RiverSouth.